Work is moving along now!

St Stephen New Orleans
Photo of the clock tower, taken May 5, 2018, makes it easy to see our progress and gives an idea of the final results.

Stations of the Cross

Set of Fourteen Carrara Marble Stations of the Cross Plaques, probably Joseph Sibbel Studios, each arched panel heavily carved and realistically modeled in high relief, depicting the series of events on the day of Jesus Christ’s crucifixion with the inscribed with station number to the projecting base, unsigned, ht. 53 1/2, wd. 29 1/8 in.

Joseph Sibbel was born June 7, 1850, in Germany and emigrated to America in 1871, settling first in Ohio and then moving to New York City in 1881. He was often employed by architect Patrick Charles Keely (1816-1896) to work on a number of marble sculptures, altars, and Stations of the Cross plaques for Keely-designed churches. Arguably his most important commission was creating numerous sculptures for St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York. Most often Sibbel’s Stations of the Cross plaques were carved from plaster, but he did execute a handful in marble. In Amesbury, Massachusetts, St. Joseph’s Church (dedicated in 1876), an Italian marble altar as well as polychrome decorated plaster Stations of the Cross were executed by Joseph Sibbel and installed in the main church in June 1892. Sibbel died on July 10, 1907, and is buried in Woodlawn Cemetery, New York. Sibbel purportedly wished to have all of his models and all of his works in his workshop destroyed after his passing, however, the head of his studio worked with the artist’s wife to gain permission and ensure the continuation of the studio 50 years after Sibbel’s death.


May 13, 2018
Blessing of Mothers at all Masses and May Crowning at 10:30am Mass on Mothers Day.  Also, it is the Solemnity of the Ascension of Our Lord.

May 15 2018
St. Stephen Catholic School Mass and graduation ceremony at St. Henry at 9:00am

May 20, 2018
Pentecost Sunday

May 27, 2018
Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity

June 3, 2018
Solemnity of the Body and Blood of Christ (Corpus Christi) with Eucharistic Procession after the 10:30am Mass to be followed by a parish fish fry and snowballs!